NTTA SYSTEM PROJECTS AND OPERATIONS COMMITTEE MEETING
NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY
BOARD ROOM, SUITE 200
5900 WEST PLANO PARKWAY
PLANO, TEXAS 75093
May 7, 2008
All agenda items are subject to possible discussions, questions and actions by this
committee of the North Texas Tollway Authority Board of Directors. Agenda item
numbers are assigned for ease of reference only and do not necessarily reflect the order of their consideration by the committee. The committee reserves the right to discuss anyitems in executive session whenever legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
Unless otherwise noted, a resolution recommending the award of a contract or any other action refers to the committee’s recommendation of the action in question to the NTTA Board of Directors.
CALL TO ORDER
1. Establishment of quorum
2. Resolution approving minutes of the April 2, 2008 meeting of the NTTA System
Projects and Operations Committee.
BRIEFINGS AND RELATED ACTION ITEMS
State Highway (SH) 121
3. Recommend authorization of a supplemental agreement to the contract with
Bridgefarmer & Associates, Inc. for revision to design of SH 121 main lanes at
future Exchange Parkway in an amount not to exceed $700,000.
3. Recommend authorization of a change order pertaining to the agreement with
Austin Bridge and Road L.P. for the relocation of a main lane toll gantry
additional construction of two ramp toll gantries on SH 121 in an amount not to
President George Bush Turnpike Eastern Extension (PGBT EE)
5. Recommend approval of a work authorization with PBS&J for construction
management services on Section 30 of the PGBT EE and PGBT EE corridor
construction management oversight in an amount not to exceed $16,060,603.20.
6. Recommend authorization of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (“DART”) in connection with adjustments of DART
facilities required for Section 30 of the PGBT EE in the amount of $4,500,000.
7. Recommend authorization of three contracts for asbestos abatement and
demolition of structures on PGBT EE to the lowest responsive, responsible bidder
for each such contract from among the following seven pre-qualified responsible
bidders: CST Environmental Inc.; F. Hall Mowing; Intercon Environmental Inc.;
J.C.’s Environmental Technologies; 1 Priority Environmental Services Inc.; Lynx
Contractors, Inc.; and RNDI Companies, Inc., in the amount of $1,100,000.
8. Recommend authorization of a contract for construction of PGBT EE Section 30
with Zachry Construction Company in the amount of $121,867,755.52.
9. Recommend authorization of an Interlocal Agreement (ILA) with the City of
Dallas regarding a permanent easement and a bridge and storm water retention system to be constructed in PGBT EE Section 32 over Lake Ray Hubbard.
10. Recommend approval of a work authorization with Jacobs Carter Burgess for
mechanically-stabilized-earth-wall design services on Section 30 of the PGBT EE
in an amount not to exceed $368,886.
11. Recommend authorization of a utility agreement with Atmos Energy for
Southwest Parkway Section 4 regarding the relocation of a gas transmission line
in the amount of $935,500.
State Highway (SH) 161
12. Recommend authorization of a contract and work authorization with HDR for
corridor management services on SH 161 in an amount not to exceed $900,000.
Conversion to All-Electronic Toll Collection (all-ETC)
13. Recommend approval of a work authorization with HNTB Corporation for
preparation of a comprehensive project plan for conversion to all-ETC on the
NTTA System in an amount not to exceed $317,200.
14. Recommend authorization of a supplemental agreement to a contract with
Kimley-Horn Associates, Inc. for design modifications required for all-ETC
conversion of ramp toll plazas along the DNT from IH 635 to SH 121, and
development of precast gantry standard drawings in an amount not to exceed
15. Recommend authorization of a supplemental agreement to a contract with Halff
Associates for design modifications required for all-ETC conversion of ramp
plaza plans along DNT south of IH 635 in an amount not to exceed $290,558.
16. Recommend authorization of the purchase of Violation Enforcement System
equipment from Science Applications International Corporation, Electronic
Transaction Consultants Corporation, Northstar Controls, Davis Inotek, and
Graybar Electric to be used for all-ETC on DNT, AATT and MCLB for an
aggregate amount of $2,800,000.
17. Recommend authorization of a contract with MasTec North America, Inc. for
fiber relocation along the DNT, MCLB and AATT in the amount of $648,151.50.
Information Technology (IT)
18. Recommend authorization of the purchase of ONSSI software licenses required to
implement internet-protocol-based incident detection content analysis from
SecureNet, Inc. for the NTTA’s Incident Detection System from under its existing
NTTA contract at a cost not to exceed $500,000.
19. Recommend authorization of the purchase of dump trucks from Grande Truck
Center as part of the vehicle fleet to be used to maintain SH 121 in an amount of
20. Recommend authorization of a new trailblazer sign design to be utilized
throughout the NTTA system.
BRIEFINGS AND UPDATES
21. Project Focus
A. Southwest Parkway
B. DNT – 4A
C. DNT Phase 3
D. PGBT EE
22. Project Updates
23. EXECUTIVE SESSION - Pursuant to chapter 551, subchapter D, Texas Government Code:
A. Subsection 551.071(1), to receive advice from counsel about pending or
contemplated litigation and/or settlement offers
B. Section 551.072, to deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of
C. Section 551.074(a)(1), to deliberate the appointment, employment,
evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public
officer or employee
D. Section 551.076, to deliberate regarding security devices
24. CONSIDERATION OF ITEMS FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION
A. Recommend authorization of the purchase of land for the location of a
maintenance center to be constructed to support maintenance of SH 121.
A quorum of the Board of Directors may be present at this meeting for information-gathering purposes. However,NTTA Directors that are not Committee members will not vote on any Committee agenda items.
The North Texas Tollway Authority System includes the Dallas North Tollway (DNT), the President George Bush Turnpike (PGBT), the Addison Airport Toll Tunnel (AATT), Lewisville Lake Toll Bridge (LLTB) and the Mountain Creek Lake Bridge (MCLB).
The term TxDOT refers to the Texas Department of Transportation; NCTCOG refers to the North Central Texas Council of Governments.
SWP refers to the Southwest Parkway Project, State Highway (SH) 121 from IH 30 to FM 1187 in Tarrant County; EE refers to the Eastern Extension of the PGBT from SH 78 to IH 30 in Dallas County; SH 121 refers to SH 121 in Denton, Dallas, and Collin counties between Business SH 121 and U.S. 75; Chisholm Trail refers to SH 121 between
FM 1187 in Tarrant County and U.S. 67 in Johnson County; Trinity Parkway refers to the proposed Trinity Parkway project between SH 183/ IH 35E interchange and U.S. 175 in Dallas County; SH 161 refers to SH 161 between SH 183 and IH 20 in Dallas County; SH 170 refers to SH 170 between SH 114 and SH 199 in Denton, Tarrant and Parker
County; SH 360 refers to SH 360 between Green Oaks Boulevard and U.S. 67 in Tarrant, Johnson and Ellis County; SH 190 refers to SH 190 between IH 30 and IH 20 in Dallas County. Note that the end points for each of the referenced projects are approximate.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Kiven.